25 Mar HORIZON-STE: JOINT INDUSTRY AND R&I NATIONAL EVENT IN TURKEY
ESTELA and other HORIZON-STE partners are pleased to invite you to the first joint industry and R&I national event of the project, to be held on 7 April 2022 in Istanbul, Turkey from 10:00 to 13:45 CET / 11:00 to 14:45 Turkish time, in the frame of the 14th International Solar Energy & Technologies Exhibition “SolarEx“. The national event entitled “Pathway to the Deployment of Solar Technologies in Turkey: Concentrated Solar Thermal Energy and Photovoltaic Energy Technologies” mainly aims to motivate solar energy deployment in Turkey and synergies between PV and CSP, and is jointly organised by:
- EU H2020 HORIZON-STE Project: Implementation of the Initiative for Global Leadership in Solar Thermal Electricity;
- ODTU GUNAM- Center for Solar Energy Research and Application;
- ODAKTr-Turkish CST Initiative; and
- EU H2020 SolarTwins Project: SOLARTWINS-Solar Twinning to Create Solar Research Twins.
The goals of the event are as follows:
- To give national, EU and global perspective of CST by key stakeholders at EU and National Level;
- To bring together the business sector actors for networking, information sharing and awareness raising; and
- To attract industrial stakeholders for CST and PV deployment and decarbonization measures at national and EU levels.
INDUSTRY PERSPECTIVE – EU AND GLOBAL
Marcel Bial (Secretary General)
European Solar Thermal Electricity Association – ESTELA / Belgium
30 minutes presentation and discussion in English
RESEARCH PERSPECTIVE – EU AND GLOBAL
Eduardo Zarza Moya (CIEMAT-PSA*): SolarTwins, Horizon-STE Insights & EU Perspective
Ricardo Sánchez (CIEMAT-PSA* and Coordinator of the EERA JP CSP**): EU and Global Perspective
CIEMAT-PSA*: The Center for Energy, Environmental and Technological Research/ Spain
EERA JP CSP**: European Energy Research Area- Concentrated Solar Power Joint Research
30 minutes presentations and discussion in English for each speaker
POLICY & LEGAL PERSPECTIVE AT NATIONAL LEVEL (TURKEY)
Presentation and moderation: Dr. Oğuz Can
Presentations and discussions:
- Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources / Turkey; and
- Energy Market Regulatory Authority (EMRA) / Turkey.
30 minutes presentations and discussion in Turkish for each speaker
INDUSTRY PERSPECTIVE – NATIONAL (PITCHES AND ROUNDTABLES)
Industrial partners and companies
60 minutes presentations and discussion in Turkish:
- Mr. Haluk Erdem, SISECAM Co., Atmospheric Coating Technologies Department;
- Mr. Serdar Erturan, City University of New York and Greenway CSP;
- Mr. Ahmet Lokurlu, Soliterm Group;
- Mr. Sinan Akmandor, Pars Makina Co.;
- Mr. Fatih Can, TEKFEN Engineering;
- Mr. Bekir Turhan Çorbacıoğlu, AKUO Energy; and
- Mrs. Derya Gunvaran Soyler, Dow Chemicals Turkey.
“SolarEx” is organised as a hybrid event, as such you can join both via video link, as well as on spot in Gold Conférence Room, Istanbul EXPO Center. You can book your tickets here and here can find further details about the location of the event.