27 Nov Launch of the 2nd SFERA-III transnational access campaign
With SFERA-III, benefit from free access to top research infrastructures in Concentrated Solar Thermal power across Europe!
The 2nd SFERA-III access campaign was open on 12 November 2019. This call for projects provides free access to 13 state-of-art research infrastructures and 47 installations in Concentrated Solar Thermal power in 8 countries:
- Cyprus (Cyprus Institute)
- France (PROMES-CNRS, CEA)
- Germany (DLR, Fraunhofer)
- Italy (ENEA)
- Portugal (LNEG, University of Evora)
- Spain (CIESOL, IMDEA, PSA-CIEMAT)
- Switzerland (ETH Zurich)
- Turkey (METU)
The campaign offers access to a wide spectrum of experiments with more than 100 services in Concentrated Solar Power, such as:
- Solar thermal electricity generation (tests from research on components and methods to full prototypes systems)
- Solar fuels production
- Cycles for chemical storage of solar energy for short and long duration
- Solar water treatment
- Solar heating and cooling of buildings to improve energy efficiency
- Modelling and controlling of concentrating solar technologies for power plants and for industrial processes
- High value material synthesis and/or coatings deposits (experimental or test of processes)
- High-flux photochemistry and photo-physics
- Characterisation of materials behaviour and properties under extreme conditions
- Solar pumping of LASER for industrial and space applications.
More information about all SFERA-III services here
The 2nd SFERA-III campaign is open until 31 January 2020. The selected projects will benefit from 1 to 4 weeks of free access to the chosen facilities for a team of up to 2 persons. Moreover, travel, accommodation and subsistence costs are reimbursed by the projects budget.
Check the call conditions and apply HERE.
Timetable and useful links
12 November 2019: Call open and submission of the project proposals. Check conditions for application.
12 December 2019: Webinar session to inform on the call conditions and templates to fill in. From 11.00 to 12.00 CET (Registration soon).
You can download the presentation of the 2019 campaign here.
31 January 2020: Deadline for submission.
Until April 2020: Selection process of the projects to be hosted at the different CSP Research Infrastructures
May 2020: Announcement of the results
June 2020 – December 2020: Hosting of the user projects
To submit your project, fill in the User Research Proposal Form
First campaign (2019): list of selected projects.